Talk

Advanced search

TA training advice needed please

(6 Posts)
MeIAm Tue 03-Jan-17 14:52:46

Hi
I would like to start a L3 TA course (or similar, am open to suggestions!) this year. I work ft so would like to do an evening/on line course to fit around this.

Which leads me to my questions - are online courses recognised? Do they actually mean anything on an application form? Can anyone recommend one?

mishmash1979 Fri 06-Jan-17 19:35:30

My children's school have told me to take a cache TA course.

JOEYDOESNTSHAREFOOD Fri 06-Jan-17 21:07:04

Hi Mel

I'm SEND Lead in a secondary school and our authority will now only employ TAs who have a recognised qualification, as the above poster said, Cache or QCF.

I always recommend the course I have linked below. It's cheap, recognised, and easy to do online. However, without relevant experience you would struggle to get employment, so do bear this in mind.

www.stonebridge.uk.com/course/teaching-assistant-cache-level-3-award-in-supporting-teaching-and-learning-in-schools-qcf

mugglebumthesecond Sat 07-Jan-17 07:57:56

Has anyone actually done this course?
I have a degree in a core subject and work at home and would be interested in doing this so I have a qualification when my LOs are all in school and independent. Is it a heavy workload and do schools really recognise this?

Astro55 Sat 07-Jan-17 20:06:19

Look at ofqual - you put in the qualification and it tells you if it's recognized - most level 3 should have x hours in a class being observed -

MeIAm Mon 09-Jan-17 21:08:54

Thank you all for your responses. I have been so busy catching up with work that I haven't had a chance to look into any suggestions so that is my plan for this evening smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now