Talk

Advanced search

Motivate me to mark!

(12 Posts)
FithColumnist Mon 02-Jan-17 13:42:29

So, I brought home four class sets of books to mark over the holidays, as we have a book scrutiny early on in the term. Filled with good intentions, I was going to do them in the week before Christmas. They're still sitting in a bag in the hallway, mocking me. sad

Please, how can I motivate myself to mark the damn things? All I want to do is sit on the sofa and eat biscuits!

unpackyoursuitcase Mon 02-Jan-17 13:45:13

Step away from the biscuits. Set the timer for 15 minutes and get going. Don't think about it, just do it.. Good luck xx Oh and after 15 mins get on that sofa and eat biscuits. Reset timer for 15 minutes at the next hour and do it again.

70ontheinside Mon 02-Jan-17 13:50:03

Good tips from unpack.
I was lucky and only had one set to mark, which I did this morning halo
I will set an alarm every day this week and do a couple of hours in my pjs with a cup of tea and then reward myself with biscuits, wine and tv.
If you don't start now you'll get anxious and won't be able to sleep tonight!

BubbleFairy Mon 02-Jan-17 13:53:19

Are you me OP?

I got as far as doing a seating plan, and emailing a colleague with a suggestion for a topic for a shared class.

Folders and books are still in various bags in my room.

I'm drinking tea with my laptop open, and going on MN on my phone.

Gah to work.

Moonshine86 Mon 02-Jan-17 14:10:04

Similar situation here... Although not to mark but to plan to teach a lesson for a subject I have never taught before! I.T manual has been sat next to me for a while now.... 😳

LockedOutOfMN Fri 06-Jan-17 15:16:18

I have marking, planning and all sorts of other work to do before Monday. And zero motivation (except to sit on the sofa and eat biscuits).

PotteringAlong Fri 06-Jan-17 15:18:34

I can't. I've done absolutely fuck all

LockedOutOfMN Sat 07-Jan-17 23:55:59

Still not really made a dent. You guys?

FithColumnist Sun 08-Jan-17 11:26:34

To be honest, I sat on the sofa and ate biscuits. So, I have it all to do (and some more!) today: intellectually I know it won't actually take me all that long to do when I've started it, but it's actually building up the motivation to start that's the issue.

LockedOutOfMN Sun 08-Jan-17 11:33:39

I think we're the same person.

I'm distracting myself with laundry.

PotteringAlong Sun 08-Jan-17 11:34:51

Nope. I checked my email if that counts...

superram Sun 08-Jan-17 11:52:58

I have been back 3 days and still have 3 sets of mocks to mark-now hungover and just can't face it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now