Talk

Advanced search

Performance related pay and moving jobs

(4 Posts)
ninnypoo Mon 19-Dec-16 19:13:29

Hi,

I'm looking at moving schools in September 2017 to move to London. I've just moved onto M2 (as an RQT). If I move would I stay on M2 at my new school or move up a band with other staff despite not having been set performance management targets at that school?

Thanks in advance!

samlovesdilys Tue 20-Dec-16 17:13:18

My new staff bring their performance management targets with them, alongside evidence of having met them...that way they can progress as they would...it's not easy to prove evidence though so make sure it is clear and signed off before you leave.

padkin Tue 20-Dec-16 20:17:54

Be aware that pay levels aren't portable anymore. If you apply for a new job you MUST discuss and agree on a pay level as part of the interview process, before you accept a job offer. The new school can pay you whatever they like, so you need to discuss it before you enter into a verbal contract by saying yes to a job offer. The fact that you've passed PM at your current school is something for you to tell them as part of the pay discussion. It's a brave new world out there for teachers.

ninnypoo Tue 20-Dec-16 20:51:10

Thanks both of you. The whole moving prospect is mildly terrifying me, particularly as the move is to London and I was hoping to be able to do some calculations to see if I can afford to live there!

Feeling increasingly like I'm going to stay put out of fear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now