Talk

Advanced search

Who else has broken up today? (Yay!) But is under the weather? (Boo!)

(7 Posts)
OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Fri 16-Dec-16 19:32:18

Mee! After the week that kept on giving, dodging teachers and kids that were pukey or snotty, my throat feels like sandpaper and I'm really warm and achey. I should be cleaning the bathroom, but I just want to crawl into bed. 😷😩.
Bloody typical.

Pestilence13610 Fri 16-Dec-16 19:36:11

It is 7.30 on a Friday and you should be cleaning the bathroom?
Crawl into bed, get some rest and start to enjoy yourself. Who knows, in a few days you may even have the energy to read a book for pleasure.

JingleBellCock Fri 16-Dec-16 19:39:49

Me!

Broke up today at 4pm (YAY!)

Developed cystitis and a heavy cold as the day went on (BOO) ...and now a temperature (DOUBLE BOO)...which means I am missing DH's glitzy work party which I had bought a new dress for (ARGHHH).

On the plus side, my mum is bringing me some food (no cooking = YAY) and is going to 'babysit' anyway so I can go to bed (YAY)

grin

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Fri 16-Dec-16 20:55:11

Dd is back from uni tomorrow, and Ive been overwhelmed with the testicular blessed members of the house so I needed to assert a bit of feminity to it. But hot toddy time.

Hexenbeast Sat 17-Dec-16 14:36:21

ME!

I have had little to no voice all week, which has made teaching a class of increasingly exciteable kids somewhat of a challenge.

And now I've developed a nasty cough that I'm hoping isn't a chest infection. I'm sooooo glad that it's the school holidays!

Ditsy4 Sun 25-Dec-16 01:02:49

Broke up on the 16 th and felt sick last Sunday then cold / virus now. Stayed in for a couple of days but ventured out because DD is home and got soaked. Felt wretched all day and very grumpy . DH and DD not helping in house much so I gave up today and put the rest of the decorations away. If they can't be bothered neither can I so only the tree up. Cards still in a pile. Why do we always have to get ill at Christmas? Last year I wrote off the car!
Hope you are all feeling better now. I have the snottery, drippy nose, temperature and slightly sore throat can hardly taste anything and we are going out for Christmas Dinner for the first time. It is costing a fortune and I don't think I will be able to taste most of it😪

Ditsy4 Mon 26-Dec-16 10:32:51

I consoled myself with wine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: