3 weeks to go and overloaded!

(11 Posts)
PumpkinPie2016 Sat 26-Nov-16 11:12:51

I'm sure I'm not the only one but theee weeks of term left, I'm shattered and feeling over loaded 😢

It's my son's birthday tomorrow so the afternoon will be taken over with his party. I have a year 12 mock paper to write, individual pupil trackers to do for year 12, an article to write for the school magazine about the extra curricular club I run plus the usual planning/marking etc.

To top it off, we have something on every weekend between now and Christmas. I think Christmas shopping will be left until we break up.

I'm hosting Christmas day but otherwise trying to plan to have some quiet days with just DH and DS.

Exhausted doesn't cover it sad

PotteringAlong Sat 26-Nov-16 11:14:11

We don't break up until Thursday 22nd.

I've not even thought about Christmas shopping...!

bloodymaria Sat 26-Nov-16 11:24:56

We don't break up til the 23rd 😭

PumpkinPie2016 Sat 26-Nov-16 11:36:22

Oh no sad that's late! Are you both primary? We luckily finish on the 16 th so at least that gives me a bit of time.

wobblywonderwoman Sat 26-Nov-16 11:40:03

Oh gosh pumpkin.

Could Amazon be your friend in this instance. Gap online deliver in two days.

PotteringAlong Sat 26-Nov-16 12:48:12

Nope, I'm secondary.

70ontheinside Sat 26-Nov-16 22:16:20

Your article can be written by one of the students attending, bribe with whatever rewards your school offers.
Christmas: Amazon. Pay for prime (you can just join for one month) and time your deliveries.
Online shopping / supermarket deliveries in general are your friend.
Ditch some of your commitments - you know how quickly bugs spread in schools...!

goingmadinthecountry Sun 27-Nov-16 09:55:04

Loads to do. Dd1's birthday on 19th Dec, belated 21st party for dd2 here on 20th Dec (the day we break up). Nos 1 and 2 won't be back from university till weekend of 18th. 88yo dad v unwell - 5 ops/procedures since Sept and I'm his only relativeCarol concert to organise at school and can't find the CD for the naff purple Christmas Carol book. It's always the little things that finish me off! (Reminder to self - send begging email to local schools asking for a copy tomorrow.)

Wouldn't normally phase me but I've lost my voice and I'm still suffering from the cold/chest thing that whacks you out. If I had a tidying up and cleaning fairy at home I'd be OK. Quite happy to shop online at strange hours.

I feel for those of you not breaking up till 22nd. The dates have worked out horribly this year. Back on 3rd Jan.

I feel an afternoon of planning coming on.

PumpkinPie2016 Tue 29-Nov-16 21:57:01

goibgmadinthecountry you sound worse off then me!

DS birthday was great - he loved his party and presents smile

I managed to get a few things done at weekend but not as much as I hoped so now I still feel behind sad more things to do keep coming out way as well sad Could do with a marking marathon as I'm behind with the book marking sad

My house is a total top as well and I have no time to tidy itblush

This weekend is the village lights switch on and I'm taking DS to a party on Sunday but hoping to have some time to catch up a bit!

PumpkinPie2016 Tue 29-Nov-16 21:57:45

Excuse typos - I'm on my phone!

goingmadinthecountry Thu 01-Dec-16 06:08:15

Pumpkinpie, really pleased the party went well.

Can't shake my chesty cold, dad's having very major surgery for his age next Thursday and I can't even see him because of my germs. Cough/asthma stuff is really affecting my sleep, and dd3 isn't well. Lesson observation tomorrow after a bitty week of assessments so that's bothering me. School Christmas Fair on Saturday.

I do sound like a grumpy old woman!

On the up side, lovely neighbours have volunteered to help with cooking for dd's 21st and we can open box 1 on the advent house today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now