Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have to do the online nspcc training?

(8 Posts)
RegencyRomanceReader Sun 20-Nov-16 20:17:17

We had a 3 hour safeguarding training to do over the summer and now have been set 3.5hours of online training with a deadline in January. Seems a sneaky way of getting round direct time. Is this common elsewhere or its just my school's new thing?

RustyBear Sun 20-Nov-16 20:23:29

We had to do an online course this term - it took about 2 hours. I'm support staff, and we were all given time during the day to do it, but I'm not sure how it worked for the teachers.

hippyhippyshake Sun 20-Nov-16 20:27:50

Is this Prevent? We did it as a group

RustyBear Sun 20-Nov-16 20:33:40

We did Prevent last year, as well as an FGM online course, this was general safeguarding.

elephantoverthehill Sun 20-Nov-16 20:37:41

We were given some directed time for this, but I think I ended up finishing some of it at home.

Allice Sun 20-Nov-16 20:45:05

You've just reminded me that I gave to do it, I'm support staff. We've done lots of online courses.

RegencyRomanceReader Sun 20-Nov-16 21:22:58

Not present. The first was safeguarding and this is now ceops. Its not bad its just a lot to have on top of the normal meetings/training schedule. Do you get time to do it other than just ppa?

RandomDent Sun 20-Nov-16 21:25:03

We did it in our normal weekly staff meeting time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now