Talk

Advanced search

Where do they advertise teaching jobs ...

(13 Posts)
QueenOfTheNaps Wed 16-Nov-16 22:05:33

... in Wales?

Am I being really daft? I've recently moved to Wales and am looking at getting a new teaching job but The TES literally has one vacancy in Swansea, one in Cardiff, etc. Is there a different source of job adverts in Wales.
I'm originally from the SE and TES would always be my go to confused

amysmummy12345 Wed 16-Nov-16 22:06:27

Local council website?

QueenOfTheNaps Wed 16-Nov-16 22:10:15

Amysmummy

Clearly I've been out of work too long and my brain has dried up because that's definitely an obvious place to look blush thank you

littleostrich Wed 16-Nov-16 22:12:10

I left teaching five years ago so things may have changed since then, but we all used to use eteach.com.

Wolfiefan Wed 16-Nov-16 22:12:32

Don't forget that jobs tend to crop up at certain times of year.
Contact any agencies?

QueenOfTheNaps Wed 16-Nov-16 22:21:27

Littleostrich

Thank you! Eteach is exactly the sort of thing I was after!

BigcatLittlecat Wed 16-Nov-16 22:26:42

Go onto the local council website. Cardiff will redirect you to eteach. It is very difficult to find jobs in Cardiff and south Wales area. Good luck.

holidaysaregreat Wed 16-Nov-16 22:29:34

From what I hear very few jobs come up in Wales - they don't have OFSTED and people tend to be more settled. It's also not the right time of year to look - there should be more later in the year hopefully.

FlouncingInAWinterWonderland Wed 16-Nov-16 22:31:13

Wales have ESTYN. Different name same concept.

BigcatLittlecat Wed 16-Nov-16 22:31:53

But we do have ESTYN which has 4 weeks notice!

MaggieMcVitie Wed 16-Nov-16 22:38:23

Make contact with your local schools in person. Drop in a CV, make an appointment to see the head, let them know you are local and available. Wales is far less driven by agencies than England.

QueenOfTheNaps Wed 16-Nov-16 22:45:26

Thanks, that explains a lot. I did wonder why there were so few vacancies. Usually in the SE there would be a load of January start jobs advertised now (or maybe a bit earlier...)
I'm happy Wales isn't driven by agencies, I never had a good experience using an agency when I was recruiting staff previously so it would feel unnatural to me to join one. Maths is my subject and there was such a lack of maths teachers!
Wow, 4 weeks notice for an Estyn inspection... sounds dreamy

holidaysaregreat Wed 16-Nov-16 22:52:33

Yes but Estyn isn't supposed to be as harsh as OFSTED. 4 weeks notice is ages. Might be wrong here but don't think they have SATS either?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now