Interview on Thurs - help! (Year 1 phonics)

(3 Posts)
Twerking9to5 Mon 14-Nov-16 12:28:22

I've been full time "mumming" for three years since my NQT year and have applied to go back to a different school 3 days a week.

Just got told I have an interview on Thursday and to prepare a 30 min Yr 1 phonics session (Letters and Sounds Phase 5 "ew" sound).

I don't have much experience of L&S as used a different phonics programme previously. Obviously am getting myself up to speed before Thurs but would love any ideas for the interview lesson!

Confidence is a little low after being out of teaching but I'm really keen to get back into the swing of things! Any ideas HUGELY appreciated!

Thanks

Twerking9to5 Mon 14-Nov-16 20:41:03

Hopeful bump for the evening crowd!

CiderLolly Tue 15-Nov-16 18:40:16

Good luck! I find 'ew' a tricky one as sometimes it makes an 'you' sound like in 'few' but other times it is 'oo' like 'grew'. It might be worth pointing that out or choosing words to use with the same sound. You should try to follow the lesson sequence from letters and sounds as much as you can and get them moving about. Mine love Cross the Golden River game from the handbook. Phonics Play have some good games to use if you have an interactive whiteboard. Be confident!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now