Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about interactive whiteboards

(11 Posts)
BrianMolkoismyPlacebo Wed 09-Nov-16 19:52:00

I'm applying for a job which will be my 1st teaching job in a classroom.
One of the requirements is the use of an interactive whiteboard.
I have never used one but have many teaching friends who will be able to help me.
But in the meant time I was going to put on my application that I am willing to learn.... Is this acheviable? Or does it take years of courses and teaching to understand them?
Daunted!

TheTroubleWithAngels Wed 09-Nov-16 20:05:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TeacherBob Wed 09-Nov-16 20:08:51

you can learn them in 2 minutes, I wouldn't put that you are willing to learn.

CrowyMcCrowFace Wed 09-Nov-16 20:11:05

Download either smart notes or promethean activinspire to your laptop (you can get free trial versions) & have a play.

They're easy smile

BrianMolkoismyPlacebo Wed 09-Nov-16 20:27:49

Oh fab! That's great to know!

So I won't mention it on my application form but will do some research on those apps you've mentioned crowy so I can mention in interview if needed. Thanks

teacher54321 Wed 09-Nov-16 21:49:26

As PP have said they are super easy to use-I use mine as a glorified projector really. The most exciting aspect of mine is that i can do split screen so can carry on working on my computer screen whilst they are looking at the board. Also means that my emails don't pop up unexpectedly...!

mineofuselessinformation Wed 09-Nov-16 21:59:01

Ask which whiteboards they use and then see if you can practise with it in another setting - but don't over-stretch yourself.

HorridHenrietta2 Wed 09-Nov-16 21:59:18

I'm a bit of a technophobe but I use mine all day every day without a problem. They're fab. If you are generally ok with computers then you'll be fine. Might be worth reading up and being ready with some software suggestions and activity ideas so that you're not completely blank when they ask you about it.

IonaNE Sun 13-Nov-16 21:22:50

They increase your preparation time tenfold, and your efficiency zero-fold is what you need to know about them, sadly. They are a fad.

TeacherBob Sun 13-Nov-16 22:02:43

IonaNE then you probably aren't using it correctly.

HorridHenrietta2 Sun 13-Nov-16 22:17:10

IoneNE
I'm surprised at this as I've found the opposite, videos, visuals, games at my finger tips rather than having to search for or make them.
What is it that you think makes your job harder?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now