Advanced search

Contact hours

(11 Posts)
doodlejump1980 Fri 04-Nov-16 20:47:04

If you are 0.6 how many hours are you infront of pupils and how long is your non-contact time?

rollonthesummer Fri 04-Nov-16 20:50:26

I'm 0.6 though not actually teaching in the classroom this year. When class-based, I was teaching 8.45-3.20 all three days but with 30 mins per day PPA (half an hour per working day) which I had from 2.30-3.

monkeysox Fri 04-Nov-16 20:50:59

Was 13 hours per week and two Ppa.
Should be 10% ppa

doodlejump1980 Fri 04-Nov-16 20:55:41

So contracted hours (in Scotland) I guess are 21 hours. My days are full, any breaks are travelling between schools and I do extra-curricular stuff at lunchtimes and after school. I'm just back from mat leave and feel like I'm doing all my prep work on my days off!
(What's ppa? We have ccr time in Scotland)

rollonthesummer Fri 04-Nov-16 20:57:44

PPA is your 10% non-contact entitlement for planning, preparation and assessment.

MistresssIggi Wed 09-Nov-16 23:45:15

It's 22.5 hours max of contact time in Scotland. So .6 of that would be 13.5 hours.
I have 3x1 hour free each week, working three days.
Are you saying you have no frees and are expected to travel when not teaching? What kind of contract is this?!

CitySnicker Thu 10-Nov-16 00:02:16

PPA is Mccrone time. You a specialist if you're travelling between schools? Who set your timetable? Knock either lunchtime or afterschool on the head and point out to line manager that you aren't getting breaks due to travel. Mccrones should be 39 mins per day in allotments of no less than 40...or 45 mins.

CitySnicker Thu 10-Nov-16 00:03:05

*30 mins per day

MistresssIggi Thu 10-Nov-16 08:14:13

Why should it be per day? It's worked out on a weekly basis. You might have one day that has all your free time and one that's full, but it works out over the week.

LindyHemming Thu 10-Nov-16 20:26:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nothingtodotoday Sun 13-Nov-16 19:47:13

You are entitled to 30 minutes per day and it should be allocated pro rata by the schools you work in. So if you work in a school they should allocate 30 minutes...or if you are a CCR cover teacher then 2.5 hours of you r week should be blocked out. Extra curricular is not compulsory unless in your McCrone agreement in school (although it may be in lieu of CDM and parents night?). You should not rally have to travel long distance in your breaks. Re negotiate is my suggestion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now