Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are you waiting for/overdue an Ofsted and were you a good/RI school?

(56 Posts)
rollonthesummer Tue 01-Nov-16 19:58:22

The schools around here who are being inspected at the moment, all seem to be either RI or in special measures, OR they were Good/Outstanding from ages ago with an interim inspection.

I just wondered if Ofsted were still catching up with those schools which was making them run behind on the inspections of good schools?!

We are overdue!

LadyPenelope68 Tue 01-Nov-16 19:59:42

We are 6 months overdue - we were good last time.

Redlocks28 Tue 01-Nov-16 20:01:11

We are now ten months overdue and were good last time.

albertcamus Tue 01-Nov-16 20:15:45

I would love a genuine inspection to shine a light on the last school I worked in.

It's now overdue an Osfted but will attribute any problem to its new build.

The last judgement of 'Good, with outstanding Leadership' was an absolute travesty.

If only Ofsted looked at staff turnover, sliding results, amount of staff sickness/stress absence, logged behaviour incidents, whether SLT have a positive of negative impact & whether SEN & PP students & their parents feel genuinely supported, their report would be based on facts rather than perceptions.

However, I have no doubt that the latest Deputy Head, promoted off the back of coursework rigging, will manage to wing another 'Good'.

The lovely kids & staff below the lazy, cynical & manipulative SLT deserve so much more than this nonsense.

Hepzibar Tue 01-Nov-16 20:31:42

FE college, good last time. 10 months overdue.

Ditsyprint40 Tue 01-Nov-16 20:33:17

We are over due and were good last time.

MrsKCastle Tue 01-Nov-16 20:35:06

Also overdue, good last time.

SnugglySnerd Tue 01-Nov-16 20:41:36

We are about 6 months overdue and were good last time. I'm hoping they hold off until my maternity leave starts!

AllotmentyPlenty Tue 01-Nov-16 20:46:42

Oh Albert, you sound so sad. Are you somewhere better now? Guess that doesn't help the kids though.

AllotmentyPlenty Tue 01-Nov-16 20:58:09

A "Good" school near me has just come up five years without re-inspection.

fourcorneredcircle Tue 01-Nov-16 21:05:47

An outstanding school near me hasn't been inspected since... 2004.

Their results are stagnant and their progress data was -.3 their GCSE pass rate is high seventies but they manage this through careful school bus route selection, a prohibitively expensive uniform from Y7-13 (everything branded) and by this year opening a studio school so that the money they get stays "in house" whilst they get to dump SEN, PP and weak ability off of their data. Because they are a naice school they seem to get away with it, middle class parents lap it up.

albertcamus Tue 01-Nov-16 21:25:02

allotment : you are right, I'm still very sad about that school ... even though It prompted me to leave mainstream teaching after 27 years, and I am now re-discovering happiness by working for a small training company delivering workplace-based courses. It's a joy.

That last 'school' should be exposed, but I doubt if Ofsted will do so.

Thanks for your care smile

Scorbus Tue 01-Nov-16 21:25:47

Overdue and rated Good last time

rollonthesummer Tue 01-Nov-16 22:31:50

Wow-there are a lot of good schools out there who are overdue! Are you all saying 3 years is the cut off?

SnugglySnerd Wed 02-Nov-16 06:52:42

We were definitely expecting a visit last term. Our results have stayed very high since last time so I assume they are prioritising schools that have dipped.

Redlocks28 Wed 02-Nov-16 08:00:05

I don't actually think I know of any schools that have been done in the last year who weren't 'requires improvement'!

roaringwater Wed 02-Nov-16 19:11:14

We were RI last time and are now (as of last month) overdue.

rollonthesummer Wed 02-Nov-16 21:58:27

Thank you for all the replies!

cricketballs Thu 03-Nov-16 06:13:31

We were overdue by nearly 2 years before we were inspected last year (was good, stayed as a good) despite all other schools being done months before

DoctorDonnaNoble Thu 03-Nov-16 06:22:59

Very overdue. But outstanding. They also inspect the boarding house regularly (as that happens regardless of school rating). I think they keep putting us to the bottom of the pile as a result. Our GCSE ranking dropped (a lot) this year, however we still had a reasonable value added on that so they still seem to be staying away.

Yakitori Thu 03-Nov-16 06:29:23

DD1's (outstanding) school hasn't had a full report since 2007, last interim report was 2010. Even though it is clearly a very good school I think this is a long time to go between reports.

TheScaryFairy Thu 03-Nov-16 17:13:35

We were RI, were inspected within 3 weeks of September start...now Good.

<breathes sigh of relief>

rollonthesummer Thu 03-Nov-16 18:01:50

Soooo, is there anyone on here who was previously Good who has been done recently?!

PurpleAlerts Fri 04-Nov-16 18:14:07

We were done 6 months ago. Previously Good and upgraded to outstanding.

rollonthesummer Fri 04-Nov-16 21:48:08

When was your last Ofsted prior to this one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now