Talk

Advanced search

Job application help

(6 Posts)
NoNutsPlease Thu 06-Oct-16 22:25:05

I'm applying for a new job after working at the same school for my entire teaching career.

In the 'previous experience' section, should I just leave this blank? The only thing I could put here are the schools I taught in during my placements 10 years ago!

Any advice welcome smile TIA

hesterton Thu 06-Oct-16 22:26:37

As long as you have the dates there, you don't have to fill all the gaps. It might be worth havING somehing else on there though - can you put in any previous jobs?

NoNutsPlease Thu 06-Oct-16 22:28:45

No previous jobs of any relevance, just a bit of retail work while at university.

TheTroutofNoCraic Mon 10-Oct-16 19:56:35

I'd still mention the PGCE placements...especially if they were in different contexts to the school you are teaching currently.

samlovesdilys Wed 12-Oct-16 21:06:04

I've put in the previous jobs even though same school - so teacher, then hod, then cl...each separate but same school. Otherwise they could think you have been in same position for x years, thus at least shows progression...

WittyCakeMeister Wed 12-Oct-16 21:17:33

I wouldn't put pgce placements in that section - they were part of a study course, not jobs.

Agree that any previous roles you had at same school should go in there.

Put your University retail job in there. They won't check it/ask for a reference but it shows you have experience of a workplace outside the school system. It adds to your life experience and gives further strings to your bow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now