Talk

Advanced search

PGCE interview - HELP!!

(4 Posts)
LalaDipsey Tue 04-Oct-16 20:48:12

Hi, I'm a 41yr old single mother of 3 who has been out of the workforce since dd1 (7) was born. Before her I worked in a corporate environment, managing a team in the leisure sector. Since being off with the children I have completed a degree so that I can move into teaching.
I've applied for places for Primary PGCE starting Sept 2017 and have got an interview shock!
Whilst this is amazing, I haven't had an interview for literally years and have never worked in this sector so advise please please please!!
I have done volunteering and work experience in schools.
Thank you smile

Doowrah Wed 05-Oct-16 09:44:19

They are looking for reasons to say yes not no to you doing it. You sound able and experienced, just relax and show passion and concern for all children's learning and achievement .Peruse the National Curriculum and Learning without limits assessment changes.Reading loads of threads on here should highlight alot of issues.Good luck.

Helpisathand13 Wed 05-Oct-16 09:55:24

OP you have done fantastically well already getting through to interview! I agree with Doowrah about getting up to speed on some of the latest methods for learning without levels, Including reading and maths strategies for Primaries which is a big thing. Congratulations on your success so far and best of luck in your interview. Show them your enthusiasm, warmth and passion for learning, growing minds and expanding their knowledge.

LalaDipsey Thu 06-Oct-16 14:52:16

Thank you very much. Any particular texts you can recommend? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now