Talk

Advanced search

SLT

(5 Posts)
needsahalo Tue 27-Sep-16 18:01:43

Without details so I don't out myself....secondary teacher, a couple of very challenging classes at KS3 this year. One I have squashed and we are doing great. The other got a few made of rubber who keep on popping up, no matter how much I squash.

So, you know that talk you get at the beginning of the year with the 'we will support you, if X happens in your classroom, consequence to child will be Y, no questions asked? Well, X happened. Y didn't. S LT not even had the decency to say 'looking into it'. Totally ignored me.

To say I am passed off is....not enough!!!

needsahalo Tue 27-Sep-16 18:02:27

*pissed off

Acopyofacopy Tue 27-Sep-16 21:26:33

Does the school have a rewards & consequences policy? Are you following it? If you are, and they don't support you, then your school is shit.
Do you think it might change in the near future? If not, think about moving schools.

I just started at a new school and quickly found out that the policies are not applied consistently, therefore behaviour is appalling. I'll give it a bit longer, but I don't see myself in this school for very long.

needsahalo Tue 27-Sep-16 21:37:04

yep! followed the system....if anything, I was lenient with the child in question but I followed the system through and the SLT member who dealt with it didn't deal with it!

Yes, I am beginning to feel I will need to move schools. I don't want to - for reasons which will out me 'cos they're personal - but I have an eye on the adverts in case anything comes up.

ChipsForSupper Tue 27-Sep-16 22:21:09

I work in a school where SLT talk the talk but do not support on behaviour so consequently lots of the behaviour is shit - which is a shame because there are lots of great things about the school. What is soul destroying is recruiting great teachers and watching them doing their best but then realizing, about now in the Autumn term, all of the above. And then watching them try and find other jobs and then seeing them leave. Happens every year. The really good ones have usually made it out by Easter. If this is happening to you in your school, then don't stay because it won't get any better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now