Talk

Advanced search

The teacher I work with is an arse

(5 Posts)
Blueisthemagicnumber Mon 26-Sep-16 08:50:51

Sorry for blunt title, but I was hoping for better things this year.

School in special measures and couldn't recruit a full time teacher, so he is on a year contract.

The TA's who support him are referred to as 'staff'. It has taken him four weeks to learn our names.

Information came from the office about one of the children in the class, and he told the administrator, in front of us, that there was no Year X staff, just a Year X teacher, and all the information was to go to him, and he would choose what to share.

Perhaps this is one of the reasons why we are in Special Measures, because the support staff were included in sharing this information? But it was just his attitude and the way he did it.

Writing it down feels so petty, but I can't get across how it feels to be in this class.

Please be kind, as feeling sensitive enough!

Lara2 Mon 26-Sep-16 19:00:58

He is an arse - ignore if you can. Do the absolute minimum required to do your job, no extras and let him get on with it. Anyone who doesn't love their TA's is a twat.
flowers

TheSnowFairy Mon 26-Sep-16 22:45:08

This attitude is ludicrous, whether it's to TA's, support staff or other teachers.

I would speak to your HT (assuming they are not an arse)?

A teacher at my school recently sent an email about a student who could not be pictured - it went to PE staff, admin, reception and marketing as well as to teachers. What is the point of having info like that and not letting all the relevant people know?

I do despair of the 'keep it to myself' attitude!

SuperPug Thu 29-Sep-16 22:02:33

Definitely report to a member of SLT or similar. I have zero tolerance for rudeness/ patronising attitudes towards fellow staff in school.
I've worked with brilliant TAs and LSAs at my current school. I gather this member of staff is possibly like this to many people in the school?

Blueisthemagicnumber Fri 30-Sep-16 16:27:57

It's all moved on since last week, with meetings between SLT, teacher and TA's, apart from me! As I am in a role supporting a child 1 to 1, he hasn't complained about mehmm just keeping my head down and getting on with the job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now