Talk

Advanced search

What do you do with ...

(9 Posts)
clayspaniel Mon 08-Aug-16 12:35:37

old thank you cards? I'm having a sort out and have still got cards going back 20 years! Feel bad throwing them out as they remind me of the lovely children I've taught over the years, yet I never look at them and they do take up room.

OP’s posts: |
spanieleyes Mon 08-Aug-16 20:22:51

I give them to the Reception class, they cut them up and make their own pictures with them!

TheTroubleWithAngels Tue 09-Aug-16 16:54:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

clayspaniel Tue 09-Aug-16 16:59:54

Do you keep them in a special place? I rarely look at mine and feel they are cluttering up space, but I feel sad to throw them out. I just keep them in a cupboard full of old teaching stuff and sentimental things.

OP’s posts: |
mineofuselessinformation Tue 09-Aug-16 18:51:16

I've kept the ones that remind me of particularly lovely students. I'm still in touch with some of them now. smile

PennyAsset Tue 09-Aug-16 22:08:21

Scan them and keep them on the computer (or is it the Cloud?), then put originals in the recycling.

toomuchicecream Wed 10-Aug-16 21:07:25

When I was an NQT we were advised to create a Praise Pack (grim name) - an A4 box file which all such cards go into. The rationale was that we could then look back at them when we were having a tough time. I've used it more for trawling for quotes for job applications! When the box is full I weed out the ones with less written on them ie less use for quoting.

SawdustInMyHair Thu 11-Aug-16 22:50:13

I have two colossal sugar-paper thank you cards which I have to keep on top of the wardrobe, but for all the drawings and individual cards I have a folder if pockets to put them in.

I also have a collection of notes I have confiscated in a jam jar!

Lara2 Fri 12-Aug-16 07:16:02

I used to keep everything, but after almost 30 years, I have become less sentimental because I have too much shite in my house and lovely though the cards are, there's no room. I read, display for a while and recycle in the knowledge that it's better for the planet! grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in