Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas for last three days of term fun KS1 activities?

(12 Posts)
bumbleclat Sun 17-Jul-16 19:16:24

All of my school except my class Reception/yr1/yr2 will be on a residential Mon-Weds and I want to have 3 outdoor learning days.

I've made plans but they feel a bit flat, has anyone got any good ideas for 3 day projects?

The head has said I can just do art and fun activities if I like and as there's going to be a heatwave, I want to take her up on it.

Thank you smile

Linds53 Sun 17-Jul-16 20:25:56

What about doing a We're going on a bear hunt themed treasure hunt in the playground, and a Teddy Bears picnic?

Linds53 Sun 17-Jul-16 20:31:19

Group/individual pictures of faces from natural materials are good fun.

Wait4nothing Sun 17-Jul-16 20:34:19

Maybe a seaside theme - choose some books to compliment - opportunities to write stories/postcards/fact files about the seaside (maybe sea animals)
Play with sand/water (capacity - floating and sinking exploration - make a float for a toy animal - how much play dough can a boat carry before sinking ect.)
Make a picnic (sandwiches, fruit kebabs)
Create a giant underwater mural (either with collage materials or maybe outdoor either paint or chalk)
Ict with videos of the seaside/underwater creatures.
Kit out the reading area for self led investigation (maybe pop to the library for some last min resources)

Wait4nothing Sun 17-Jul-16 20:36:01

Oh and paint! Our ks1 don't get enough time to just paint for the fun of it (and then are a bit silly when we paint but who can blame them - damn spag ;)

bumbleclat Mon 18-Jul-16 06:49:34

Thank you smile

olympicfan Mon 18-Jul-16 14:10:20

We had a camp fire! The children learnt how to build a fire circle, collected sticks and added the logs I brought from home. We learnt about fire safety, the difference between smoke and steam, etc. We sang camp fire songs then toasted marshmallows to make S'mores.

We had a great afternoon, lovely memories and then we all went home smelling like a BBQ!!

TheTroubleWithAngels Mon 18-Jul-16 14:54:13

How many resources do you still have out?

I usually ice cakes, allow home toys in and go outdoors in the last couple of days.

bumbleclat Mon 18-Jul-16 18:23:59

Sounds lovely thanks all.
We had a lovely day today in the heat, I brought a paddling pool in from home and they all say with their feet in it listening to a story in the shade it was so nice.
Tomorrow I'm going to do some art and water really races carrying containers of water- whichever team ends up with the most water is the winning team!!

TheSolitaryBoojum Mon 18-Jul-16 18:36:43

Bubble making, practical experiments and science activities.
If you are taking down backing paper, use it for BIG paintings

toomuchicecream Tue 19-Jul-16 21:06:14

I love the idea of spreading the backing paper on the grass outside and setting the children loose with paint. Thank you - that's my Wednesday morning sorted!

(At Christmas, we covered the classroom tables with white backing paper and got the felt tips out. The children (and an awful lot of adults who just "happened" to pop in) spent over an hour decorating the table clothes smile

bumbleclat Tue 19-Jul-16 22:13:01

Oh thats a good idea, it's the last day of term for us tomorrow and it got up to 32 degrees at school today. No matter how little time I spend outside I have been feeling so very heat stroked in the evenings.
Tomorrow I'm not going outside at all.
They can meet my tortoises in the morning, paint pictures of them, write acrostic poems about them.
Then we will play 'who am I?' with animal stickers on their foreheads.
After lunch, Alvin and the Chipmunk movie with popcorn on interactive white board.
Hurrah the day will be done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now