Talk

Advanced search

Lesson Help please!! Any language teachers around?

(6 Posts)
LoonieToony Wed 29-Jun-16 13:57:00

Help!
I want to do a lesson on Countries in the target language and I'm thinking of using the EU as a theme. I'm struggling with the main task though and was hoping that some experienced language teachers are around to lend some advice. Huge thanks in advance.

kaitlinktm Wed 29-Jun-16 16:50:40

What age? How long is the lesson and what language is it?

cannotlogin Wed 29-Jun-16 17:58:20

Dominos? Tarsia? You could match flags and TL country names - possibly risky, depends on age and ability?

LoonieToony Wed 29-Jun-16 20:26:19

year 8's - they've had a list of countries already. Lesson has to be innovative with some features of the LNF.

cannotlogin Wed 29-Jun-16 20:28:15

So what is the objective?

cannotlogin Wed 29-Jun-16 20:36:29

Around room reading on what different countries do/have - capital city, flag, exports, food, national emblems/flowers/trees, population size, languages etc.

You can make that true/false then have extension work on 'how do you say....' giving the English and they find the foreign word.

Numeracy....working out densest population per square kilometre? Ordering countries in some way...interviewing classmates on favourite country, record in tally chart and then drawing a graph?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now