Talk

Advanced search

Currently signed off - what next?

(9 Posts)
DullUserName Tue 21-Jun-16 15:21:07

So, the doc signed me off for 2 weeks when I got to the point of seriously considering just walking out of my classroom, mid-lesson. I've already resigned for year end.

How do I go about returning for the last few weeks in a positive way? Can I ask my Head to make adjustments? If so, what? I don't want to push more work onto my colleagues, but there's no way I can hurtle back into this school's expectations of bespoke resources and in-depth marking for every single lesson.

On the plus side - I dodged Sports Day in the rain! Ha.

PenelopePitstops Tue 21-Jun-16 18:37:55

I wouldn't bother, 2 weeks off takes you to approx 2 weeks left. Get another sick note and stay away.

Unless they are expecting ofsted then there is a natural tail off at the end of term.

Look after yourself, you are the important one.

flowerfairy Tue 21-Jun-16 20:57:19

Yes look after yourself your mental health is far more important and you could find yourself back to square one after the end of day one.

Take care.

ByTheNine Tue 21-Jun-16 21:02:35

Don't go back, they really won't be expecting you to and there's no way it can be good for you. They'll manage just fine.

DullUserName Tue 21-Jun-16 21:43:50

Thanks all.

I'd have three weeks left. I really don't want to miss the end of term / year. I'm in Primary, with mixed-age class, and have had some of these chn for a looooong time.

Might rung the union and see what they suggest. Wandering whether I could reasonably ask to be let off (some) marking and be allowed to use Hamilton/Twinkl/etc for planning?

clam Thu 23-Jun-16 23:31:58

On a slight tangent, change schools!!
Not all schools insist on ridiculous amounts of "bespoke" resources and in-depth marking. No wonder you're stressed.

coveredinhopeandvaseline Fri 24-Jun-16 17:10:52

There's only a few weeks left, if you feel you must go back just do fun things with the kids like summer poems in literacy etc...nice for you and the kids.xx

Acopyofacopy Fri 24-Jun-16 17:15:25

You have already resigned, just go in and teach what you want? What can they do? Fire you?

DullUserName Tue 28-Jun-16 11:51:13

Thanks again :-)
I'm going in for a meeting with Head and colleagues later today. We have 3 parallel classes so I can't entirely do my own thing. Hoping that we can sort something that takes pressure off me without adding to theirs.
Meanwhile, I'm applying for jobs outside teaching :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now