Talk

Advanced search

We've now reached that point in term where all the staff start falling out

(26 Posts)
UpToHighDoughSoIAm Fri 10-Jun-16 18:40:33

Roll on the holidays confused

Rubixx Fri 10-Jun-16 18:41:33

Sounds a bit odd from grown adults to be honest...

UpToHighDoughSoIAm Fri 10-Jun-16 18:42:32

Staffrooms are notorious for it.

IHeartKingThistle Fri 10-Jun-16 18:43:02

Ha! Never worked in a school then Rubixx?! grin

I feel for you, OP. I remember it all too clearly!

CharleyDavidson Fri 10-Jun-16 18:46:16

Wow.

I've been in a staffroom where, if a member of staff left the room, other staff who were left in the room would all botch about him/her.

I've worked in my place for years and years and (apart from when one notable career ladder-climbing person didn't care who they offended or trod on to get to the top) all of the staff have got on really well with everyone else. We have a moan about the politics involved from time to time, but that's it.

UpToHighDoughSoIAm Fri 10-Jun-16 18:49:04

We do normally get on well, but one person has been niggling and the whole thing just blew up today over something which would have been laughed off in September.

You can practically set your watch by this person causing havoc in June.

Rubixx Fri 10-Jun-16 18:50:06

I work in a school actually and haven't noticed anything.

bumbleclat Fri 10-Jun-16 21:41:01

I agree.
I've noticed that too, I just spend more time out of everyone's way marking in lunch break etc.
I think it's the heat. wish we had air conditioning in the classrooms

teacher54321 Fri 10-Jun-16 22:48:28

Yup. I've been hiding doing reports every break and lunchtime! Everyone is so bloody knackered, tensions running high...

rollonthesummer Fri 10-Jun-16 22:52:25

Yeo-was fisticuffs in my school today, too! Reports, EYFS moderation, y2 moderation, Royal Fayre today, sports day practice, trying to sort new classes, nobody knows which year group they have next year--it's all taking its toll!

Arghhhh!!!

braceybracegirl Fri 10-Jun-16 22:55:54

havent you all just had a week off? wink

hamabeads Fri 10-Jun-16 23:15:18

My current school doesn't have this. One school I worked in was terrible for it; every February.

bumbleclat Sat 11-Jun-16 09:29:38

It's more subtle in my school but you can feel that people as a bit frayed around the edges.
Last half term was just report writing and sorting out paper for moderation this term.
At the start of term it's like people have the capacity to help each other a little bit but by now everyone is just hanging on in there.

SlinkyVagabond Sat 11-Jun-16 09:38:20

IT can be a bit fraught. Exam season, so as soon as one exam finishes you can see each department collapse with relief.
My standard comment on the last day of term is "I love you all very much, but I'm nit going to miss you for six weeks"

TheDrsDocMartens Sat 11-Jun-16 09:51:31

We used to have it over class allocations. Was a special school so lots of TAs and high number of staff all uncertain and used to strict routine

TheDrsDocMartens Sat 11-Jun-16 09:59:10

Was horrendous.

PreAdvent13610 Sat 11-Jun-16 10:11:07

bracey I worked four days over half term, revision clubs, admin and a large event. Loads of others will have done the same.

I have taken two lunch breaks this week. Numbers 6 and 7 of the year.
We now have some time to drink coffee and a few practical jokes have been played. We eat too much cake and laugh too raucously. Exam season is a crazy mix of frantic activity and lulls. You can either team build or fall out.
Next week onwards all spare time will be spent getting ready for next year.

PoisonWitch Sat 11-Jun-16 11:02:04

This time last year my HoD didn't speak to me for a week after a spat over an observation. I won the spat and he was NOT HAPPY. He got over it and apparently continues to be a drama llama. I am well out of it. smile

00100001 Sat 11-Jun-16 11:04:13

advent Bracey was joking

UpToHighDoughSoIAm Sat 11-Jun-16 11:07:22

YY. Reports, the heat, the kids seem past it already, wrangling over next year... ufffffff.

Euphemia Sat 11-Jun-16 20:11:10

Yep. We break up in three weeks - bring it on!

braceybracegirl Mon 13-Jun-16 20:27:09

i was joking. smile although i also cant remember the last time i had a lunchbreak ;)

Hulababy Mon 13-Jun-16 20:34:54

Ive worked in schools like that. So fortunate with the smaller school i work at now - staff room is really friendly and supportive, and very chatty! No falling outs going on too - fabulous!

blueemerald Fri 17-Jun-16 17:33:18

I teach in a wonderful, tiny SEMH school. I love our staff team (and I have worked in some toxic places) but even we and the boys are getting ratty around the edges now. Luckily we are all close enough to give each other a look if it's going too far.

Euphemia Fri 17-Jun-16 17:37:03

Two weeks today, two weeks today!!!
<dances>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now