Any suggestions for letter to the children please.

(4 Posts)
flowerfairy Mon 23-May-16 20:18:50

I have been off sick some time from the small school I work at and will not be returning. Someone suggested I write a letter to the children to say goodbye, rather than go back in. I'm just not sure how to word it. Does anyone have any suggestions or any experience of this? TIA

toomuchicecream Mon 23-May-16 20:31:54

What do you want to do? Do you want to have any further contact with them? Depending on the age of the children, do you think it would unsettle them hearing from you, or do you think it would provide useful closure for them? If you want to do it, then why not send them a card with a book/books for the classroom - then you've got an excuse as it's a card accompanying a gift. You can also say why you chose the book which will fill up part of the card!!

elephantoverthehill Mon 23-May-16 20:32:18

I would write something along the lines of 'I am sorry I cannot be with you to say goodbye, but it has been a pleasure to teach you and wish you success and bright futures' etc. I would then write an individual card for each child in my own class with some funny or pertinent comment to the child personally.

flowerfairy Mon 23-May-16 21:17:37

Would like it to be closure really, I like the suggestion of the book too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now