Talk

Advanced search

Marking for AQA

(9 Posts)
MerilwenRose Mon 16-May-16 12:33:26

Has anyone done this before? I was accepted earlier this year and heard I was in the pool, should I have heard by now if I'm being used? It's my first time doing this so I have no idea when things happen really. Thanks!

Jaimx86 Mon 16-May-16 22:53:50

Which subject are you marking for?

elephantoverthehill Mon 16-May-16 23:03:23

I have done this for D&T. I think you should have heard by now. If you are moderating course work definitely and probably papers too. There are lots of us swimming in the pool.

katonic Mon 16-May-16 23:07:22

It's my first time marking for AQA this year too. Have you set up your online account and logged in? There's a tab to check your training tasks and paper allocation. I'm doing biology a level and on my contract (posted, not online) it said the unit and number of papers I have to mark, did you get anything like this?

DitheringDiva Tue 17-May-16 08:07:56

I didn't get called up in my first year, so I suspect you haven't been needed this year. I got called up the following year, and I've worked for them ever since.

MerilwenRose Tue 17-May-16 09:38:44

It's for Biology. Thanks I'll try logging in but suspect I've not been needed this year then. Never mind, hopefully next year smile

MerilwenRose Tue 17-May-16 12:25:08

Bit of an update, I emailed just to confirm I wasn't going to be marking and apparently it's looking very likely that I'll be marking (though not definite) and should hopefully be hearing soon. So fingers crossed! I'm on maternity leave so this would be really good if I am smile

TheSecondOfHerName Tue 17-May-16 21:14:49

Is it for GCSE? If so, the paper was trending on Twitter today. Have fun with the snails, drunk rats and underage drinking...

MerilwenRose Wed 18-May-16 18:00:34

I read about that, I'm quite intrigued to see it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now