Talk

Advanced search

Interview prep help

(3 Posts)
chelsbells Thu 12-May-16 19:38:30

Have been invited for an interview grin and it's for teaching at one of the colleges.

Now the job role didn't want QTS (which I don't have - instead they were happy to have a recent graduate with industry experiment, which I do have- early years who is willing to go on to QTS training) so I'm a little stuck...

The interview asks to micro teach the given topic, that's fine can do that having researched micro teaching lesson plans!

However it then says.. 'The micro teach will be followed by a 40 minutes assessment; the latter will be based around grading a student assignment'

What does this mean? The students will be doing an assessment based on my topic? If so, should I prepare some sort of assessment? Or I will have 40 mins to mark something they have already done?

Please help! This is a huge opportunity for me and I don't want to mess it up!

ceebie Fri 13-May-16 11:30:17

I can't help, but if you are brave you could contact the college to ask for clarification? Maybe along the lines of "Thank you for inviting me to attend an interview for the role of (job title) on (date). I would like to ensure that I am fully prepared for the interview, and in light of this I would be grateful if you could provide further clarification regarding the 40 minute assessment based around grading a student assignment. Do I need to prepare some work for this element of the interview, or will this be based on information provided on the day?"

Hopefully someone who knows what they mean might help you out so you don't need to contact them!

noblegiraffe Fri 13-May-16 16:37:01

I would assume that you will be being assessed for 40 minutes. They will probably give you something to mark and some time to mark it (maybe with some discussion beforehand) then talk to you about why you marked it the way you did.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now