Talk

Advanced search

TA interview....

(6 Posts)
PipnJo Wed 11-May-16 17:28:41

Hi,
After being a SAHM for 9 years, i have an interview for a TA job. Very excited, and nervous!

Does anyone have any tips, or interview question ideas they may ask?

Also, what should i wear!? I feel rather suddenly in the deep end, i've not had a job interview for 12 years.

Thanks smile

tinks269 Wed 11-May-16 19:58:35

I would go smart but not over the top IYKWIM.

At interview we ask our TAs what they would do if there was a problem within the class team (talk to person involved, then head of year/ key stage then someone in SLT)

How they would help a pupil struggling

There is always a safe guarding question (See if you can find out who head of safe guarding then you can include their name in your answer. If a child starts to disclose something to you would need to allow them to talk, do not ask questions, do not promise to keep it secret and scribble down what was said as soon as you can then find safe guarding person and tell them)

When you have really helped a child

PipnJo Wed 11-May-16 21:03:07

That's a great help, thank you.

They even mentioned about talking about /questions about safeguarding on the letter so i imagine there will be quite a bit on that!

momtothree Wed 11-May-16 22:09:54

Google - top 50 questions ask to a teaching assistant in an interview.

One they do ask - What makes a good lesson?

Safeguarding - keeping information in school - never promise a child you won't tell - you're there to protect them -

Would you hug a child? No - some don't like it - others will ask you - that's ok - may have sensory issues

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Wed 11-May-16 22:18:06

There's an excellent TA interview question bank and lots of tips here that I found absolutely invaluable. Good luck!

PipnJo Thu 12-May-16 08:01:12

Thank you very much.
I wondered last night as i lay in bed, worrying, about the hugging a child thing. So that's helpful, thanks!

Thanks for the link PelvicFloor - printing off the list for my DH to run through with me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now