Talk

Advanced search

observation tiswas

(13 Posts)
monet24 Mon 02-May-16 17:14:52

Is it just me but after 20 plus years of teaching how does having an observation on Thursday still make me feel like the world's worst teacher, my p45 will be the post and what will go wrong will! If I resign tomorrow do I still have to do it? Get a grip woman! !!!!!

Doowrah Mon 02-May-16 17:45:59

You care...'tis a good sign. There is nothing worse than that feeling....mine is due soon. Think of the wine afterwards...

DraenorQueen Mon 02-May-16 17:48:14

You'll be absolutely brilliant, I'm quite sure. grin Are you doing anything exciting? It's awful though isn't it, particularly if the observer is of the non-smiley variety!

monet24 Mon 02-May-16 18:40:29

I am in early years and I am doing exactly what the children want to do. Last obs was October time or November and was obviously not graded but in school where I am at we have a system in place and it was deemed as inspirational which in our setting means the old grade 1 with a cherry on it but I am still a nervous wreck.
I can not say no to any other my children in my class. Last week I spent one afternoon just sat on my floor reading book after book to a girl as she just kept coming to me. I should have been doing data analysis for my subject but I had popped back to class to get my charger.
It will all be child led, I could reel off each child's next steps and challenge. If a child comes and says play in the lego with me that's what I will do. I have the focus of the gaps and next steps. It's reception so child initiated. I know that sounds wishy washy but it does make sense doesn't it?

DraenorQueen Mon 02-May-16 18:55:34

It makes absolute sense - I'm only 8 years in so bow to your 20+ years!! - but you know what? I've never been one for gimmicky teaching, it's always just been What the children need. It's served me well so far. Good luck!!!

Kbear Mon 02-May-16 18:59:04

you sound like a great teacher - never fear, just be you

Buzzardbird Mon 02-May-16 19:02:04

You sound absolutely lovely.

monet24 Mon 02-May-16 19:03:24

Thank you for all your kind words. Like you say and I say to the many students and teachers I coach, if you didn't feel arghhhh then you ain't normal. Respect to my husband as he has been through the mill grin still loves though just lol

cdtaylornats Mon 02-May-16 23:57:35

I think an observation tiswas is a brilliant idea, put all the kids in a cage and throw water at them. Have someone dressed in cape and mask throw a custard flan at the observer.

Doowrah Fri 06-May-16 22:13:44

How did it go?

monet24 Fri 06-May-16 22:32:56

Blinking marvellous smile my observer obviously can not tell the time as should not have come till 1.30 but came at 1.00, but who cares got nothing to hide. Prevented me having any of them outside as was on my own I my classroom as a additional support meeting that had been called had run over and my support staff was still having her lunch. Came in about 5 minutes after the observer left. But my satisfaction was when squeals of delight from the children as hair gel aka magic writing slime and it was then transformed into turtle slime then ended up as alien footprints and have to say having ones foot painted with slime then cut out and used to measure with does it for me. Must remember though in future not to put odd socks on.

weirdsister Fri 06-May-16 22:44:11

You sound like an amazing teacher op.

Doowrah Fri 06-May-16 22:48:50

There you go then...another observation demon vanquished on the back of indomitable spirit and excellent teaching. I tip my glass of rose to you...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now