Talk

Advanced search

What songs do you always teach?

(6 Posts)
TheTroubleWithAngels Mon 25-Apr-16 20:20:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CharleyDavidson Mon 25-Apr-16 21:01:08

Lots of old-school ones (church school so a strongly Christian theme). From the Come and Praise or Junior Praise hymn books.

Also some more contemporary ones.

See if you've got....
Someone's singing Lord book (preferably with CD too)
Everyone's singing Lord (ditto)

Check out worship workshop online as you can download a big selection of hymns with words/just backing etc.

And for more variety we use the Songs for Every... books.

Minispringroll Mon 25-Apr-16 21:20:23

I only ever do singing in class. I can't sing to save my life, so nobody has ever been insane enough to put me in charge of singing...grin
We tend to do (Year 5/6):
The name of my frog
True Colors
Down, down baby

I tend to work in community schools, though. Very non-religious...

My current Y4 class are very keen on singing...they constantly sing in lessons. hmm I'd like them to stop. It's unhelpful when they start singing and dancing while I'm trying to teach Maths. confused Will see whether I can incorporate this somehow.

TheTroubleWithAngels Mon 25-Apr-16 21:29:51

toomuchicecream Mon 25-Apr-16 21:37:46

www.singup.org.uk is excellent but unfortunately no longer free. But it looks as if you can get 10 songs for free. With luck, that would be 10 songs for each different email address you sign up with....

Out of the Ark stuff is good too, should you wish to spend actual money on a real book.

TheTroubleWithAngels Mon 25-Apr-16 21:41:13

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now