What happens next?

(4 Posts)
Hadmorethanenough Sun 24-Apr-16 11:30:09

After all my years of teaching, I have just had a lesson deemed requires improvement. I have never had this before. Although data shows the children are making progress overall, they didn't show enough in the part of the lesson seen.

What happens next?

kaitlinktm Sun 24-Apr-16 13:33:27

Why are they grading individual lessons in this way? Ofsted doesn't do this any more. They should be taking into account exercise books and data as well as a lesson obs and drawing a conclusion from all three.

When you got feedback, did the person say what/if anything would happen next? I wouldn't go to any meetings with SLT etc alone - take someone with you to take notes (union rep if possible, or another colleague).

If they start talking about support programmes then I would contact your union (not the school rep - phone them) and take advice from them.

Out of interest - are you in your 40s/50s and female? Just asking! smile

Resist the temptation to talk about it in the staffroom unless you can really really trust the person you are talking to.

kaitlinktm Sun 24-Apr-16 13:38:41

Sorry, meant to ask if you had asked for advice on the TES forums - on Workplace Dilemmas? There are a lot of people there who are very well informed about this sort of thing and would be able to advise you.

TBH, compared with the problems people post on there, you will see yours more in perspective which should make you feel better and worry less.

Don't know if this link will work:

community.tes.com/forums/workplace-dilemmas.96/

Hadmorethanenough Sun 24-Apr-16 13:45:51

I haven't head verbal feedback yet, just written. Yes, female and in my forties. Meeting this week, will take someone with me. Real shock, rest of written feedback good.

Thanks, I will check out that link.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now