I have QUIT!

(12 Posts)
JenniferYellowHat1980 Thu 07-Apr-16 18:33:18

Once and for all. I handed my notice in in January when I couldn't get compassionate leave to look after my dying mum, but submitted my CV for a local post I've been waiting for for years (law of Sod). I know they're after two NQTs though and I'm UPS 3, so I have withdrawn and enough is enough. I do not want to force arsey teenagers to meet targets they couldn't give a shiny shit about, and I'll work 37.5 hours a week 47 weeks a year and still be working significantly less than I do now.

Yeeeee-hah!! I feel liberated. Now to find a job

oneowlgirl Thu 07-Apr-16 18:37:58

Well done!

Makingchanges Thu 07-Apr-16 18:39:44

Well done. Totally get where you are coming from.

ImperialBlether Thu 07-Apr-16 18:41:31

Fantastic - you've made the right decision. I'm shocked they wouldn't let you have time to look after your poor mum.

FishWithABicycle Thu 07-Apr-16 18:44:54

wine

Woopsiedaisy Thu 07-Apr-16 18:46:14

Congratulations

I am horrified by the way this country has treated Teachers over the last decade.

Anyone who can't see that our future depends on their enthusiasm and commitment amazes me. Even more so, as the majority of those who are blind to the issues in the profession are the Politicians, not the public.

I hope you will be very happy in whatever you do next. Enjoy your freedom !!

Doowrah Thu 07-Apr-16 23:09:35

Get in...

Akire Thu 07-Apr-16 23:14:54

Well done. Heard an advert on Radio today saying quick There's place available this September for teacher training! I wonder why!

mrsmeerkat Thu 07-Apr-16 23:19:12

Firstly that is a disgrace you were not allowed compassionate leave flowers

I think you are doing the right thing. I left fifteen years ago. I just couldnt earn peanuts to deal with cheeky rude, over opinionated mouthy teenagers. No support from SMT. Never looked back.

jellyfrizz Fri 08-Apr-16 07:51:40

Before I left I agonised over the decision for ages but once my resignation had been handed in I just felt huge relief and wondered why I hadn't done it earlier.

albertcamus Fri 08-Apr-16 16:52:23

Same here jelly. Never, never again, much as I loved the kids & the actual teaching. It's taken me 6 months to feel even remotely 'normal' again (27 years is a long time !). I'm still really tuned in to the time of year etc. and feel nothing but pity for those carrying on. What goes on today is a national disgrace.

flowers to you OP, you deserve better.

1944dadhelp Mon 11-Apr-16 20:23:57

And again same here!!! I only lasted just under 3 years in the profession but the whole teaching thing is well screwed up, we just can't win however much work we put in.
Well done!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now