Talk

Advanced search

Leaving job on good terms...after difficult times...and after frustration

(3 Posts)
goodusb Thu 03-Mar-16 05:30:59

I had difficult year - applying for jobs, not getting them, frustration, parents' complaints, lesson observations - HT not happy etc. I got an offer for another job and feel that rather than just writing the letter of resignation - would like to speak to my HT and apologise for parents' complaints? ask what information will stay on my file? My biggest worry - in case in a few years time I would be applying for jobs and employers might want to contact previous heads etc - I wonder what would stay on my file at my current school - or is it a question to HR? Thank you

ArmchairTraveller Thu 03-Mar-16 06:19:18

No, I'd smile and dissemble and leave on civil terms. I wouldn't apologise, but I would thank everyone for their support in challenging circumstances.
Do your next job as well as you can, learning from past experiences and if you stay a few years, that's the only place they'll be asking for references from.

teacher54321 Thu 03-Mar-16 18:57:55

If you've got offered the new job then they must have received your references. Therefore you have nothing to apologise for. Just write a nice bland letter and leave with a smile. Congrats on your new job smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now