Talk

Advanced search

Applying for PGCE Scotland: references

(5 Posts)
PoppieD Wed 17-Feb-16 03:31:17

Hi lovely teachers! Looking for a bit of advice re references for primary PGCE for Scotland 2017 entry, ucas seeks 2 references, would it be better do you think to have 2 references from current employment (I have worked for last 10 years in joint health/social care team) or to have reference from one of schools where I am organising classroom observation who won't really know me? Thanks in advance!

TheTroubleWithAngels Wed 17-Feb-16 18:13:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PoppieD Thu 18-Feb-16 10:27:14

Thanks for that thetrouble knew the D part but daft oclockness and knackered ness from pg peeing throughout night has fried brain! I'm going to be on mat leave as of June so hoping by time things have moved on a bit I'll be able to get a good amount of time in schools while away from current work.

FurCoatAndNaeKnickers Thu 18-Feb-16 10:44:44

You now only need one reference if you are applying for a Scottish PGDE, as you now apply through the undergraduate route on UCAS, not the specific teacher teaching route used in England and Wales.

I'm not sure why they've changed it!

PoppieD Thu 18-Feb-16 17:45:54

Thanks for that too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now