Talk

Advanced search

KS2 sats marking

(11 Posts)
HariboFrenzy Wed 27-Jan-16 18:25:33

How much does it pay? I've applied to be a maths marker but can't find any information on pay...

RupertTheBear Wed 27-Jan-16 18:29:45

It is paid per question. If you manage a full allocation it is roughly 1400 before tax. You get paid for the training days on top of that at about 100 a day if I remember correctly.

HariboFrenzy Wed 27-Jan-16 18:56:51

Thanks Rupert. How many papers is an allocation?

RupertTheBear Wed 27-Jan-16 19:16:07

You mark by question not paper. I was a team leader last year so had a different allocation. I think the markers had 700 of each question??

RupertTheBear Wed 27-Jan-16 19:19:33

Although actually I think it is going to be different again this year- no one will mark the full paper there will be type one and type two markers. One set will mark lots of the easier questions and the other set will mark less of the harder questions. I think the payment will be similar for both groups though.

HariboFrenzy Wed 27-Jan-16 19:32:21

Interesting, thank you. How many training days are there usually? And is now a good time to be applying? I only just decided to give it a try. Sorry for all the questions, I don't know anyone in RL who does it!

HariboFrenzy Wed 27-Jan-16 19:45:43

Sorry one more question- can you apply to mark more than one subject?

RupertTheBear Wed 27-Jan-16 19:56:41

Happy to answer what I can! I think now is the perfect time to be applying- I think they will be needing more markers as many said they wouldn't be doing it again after last year. There is one training day for barkers- on the Saturday after sats week. I don't know about more than one subject as training days and deadlines would clash.

Icandoanything Fri 29-Jan-16 22:20:17

Has anyone applied for the first time this year and the status still seems to say reference requested? I gave them details of another reference on Wednesday this week and this person is fairly efficient so just wondering if this delay was normal!

partystress Sat 30-Jan-16 06:54:31

Yes my status stuck too - refs completed before New Year.

SaltaKatten Sat 30-Jan-16 10:09:54

Where would you apply?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now