Anyone here returned to teaching when children are older

(1 Post)
Icandoanything Sun 24-Jan-16 22:41:17

I qualified in July 2013, started my NQT in Jan 2014 and ended up hating the school I was in so left in April 14. Since then, I've done supply, which I have loved. It gave me a real insight into the schools I'd like to work for and I got the amount of work I needed through my agency and with another job I do in the summer, I made ends meet, although it was a struggle

In between April 14 and now, I split with my ex so am now a lone parent to DS of 6. I have a contract with my supply agency until the July 2016 but as I now have a mortgage (just bought my first house), I'm now starting to look more into the future and contemplating returning to full time teaching in August 2016.

DS will be 7 then and entering year 3 so much more independent then the last time I was in a full time post. I have great childcare with his childminder and after school and breakfast clubs. And it would make a massive difference to us financially.

Has anyone else left and gone back when their children are older? I'd be interested to hear from lone parents especially!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now