We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

EVC role

(9 Posts)
TheSnowFairy Thu 14-Jan-16 16:01:03

Hi

I've been asked to take this on as an additional role to my current (support staff) role.

No extra pay has been mentioned but official training isn't for a couple of months.

Does anyone do this role and have any ideas of what the extra pay (if any) would be? The role is currently being done by a member of SLT.

TIA

Maidupmum Thu 14-Jan-16 20:39:25

As a HT I'd have said nothing. If it can be completed during your work hours and admin support will be provided as appropriate I would expect you to do it as and when directed.
Sorry, I don't think that's what you wanted to hear!

TheSnowFairy Thu 14-Jan-16 20:58:10

No it wasn't!

I ask because our borough advisor said a general comment about pay / level of responsibility, so I'd figured (hoped) it came with a pay rise.

PicInAttic Fri 15-Jan-16 19:52:35

Sorry, another one here who doesn't think the role would be likely to come with additional pay. At our school, it's done by a member of SLT but was previously done by mainscale teacher. Neither received money or release time - were just expected to do as part of directed time.
Personally, I'd say avoid, avoid, avoid - it's a nightmare of chasing people to complete their risk assessments in a timely manner and properly!
Sorry.

teacher54321 Sun 17-Jan-16 21:24:20

In all the schools I've worked at it's done by a senior teacher with a heck of a lot of experience, for AFAIK no extra money. Do you know how it's managed? We use an online system where every aspect has to be approved by the EVC and the head.

TheSnowFairy Sun 17-Jan-16 22:15:07

pic I am hot at chasing people and paperwork so they will learn wink

teacher I am just putting it all online, plus the documents will be in my calendar so I know when to chase, and the head will approve it at the beginning.

Shame about the money!

TheSnowFairy Sun 17-Jan-16 22:18:46

teacher do you know what online system you use?

PicInAttic Mon 18-Jan-16 20:25:36

Good luck, then, with the chasing : )
Our LA uses an online system called Evolve which I think is used by a number of counties. You may be able to sign up as an individual school -although if you've developed your own electronic system, it may not add anything.

teacher54321 Mon 18-Jan-16 20:33:08

We use evolve as well. I quite like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now