Talk

Advanced search

meeting with my HT - can I bring someone with me?

(6 Posts)
computer1000 Mon 14-Dec-15 15:30:45

Hi. I have a meeting with my HT - we are a big school and I rarely see him, talk to him..Last year had a stressful year, had some time off due to stress etc. I would like to ask to cut hours etc. It is a big step for me to talk about it - worried to go from full time to part time. Can I ask a colleague to come with me ( to attend it as a supportive friend?) or will it be perceived " odd"? Thank you.

Scarydinosaurs Mon 14-Dec-15 15:32:19

It is a little odd. Do you think you could email him with your request first, and then he might not even want to meet you?

temporarilyjerry Mon 14-Dec-15 17:18:13

I sent a letter requesting to be allowed to go part time. Then I was invited to a meeting and could bring union representation. Then they said no.

Maidupmum Mon 14-Dec-15 17:28:21

I'm a HT. You can bring a supportive work colleague or a union rep but not anyone from outside school (no next door neighbour's cat's owner type people). You may think I'm joking but you'd be amazed wink

catfordbetty Mon 14-Dec-15 19:35:18

If this is simply a meeting to ask about going part time, I think it would be a bit odd. I don't know your head, obviously, but I'll bet it will be a pretty short and uneventful meeting.
You: I'd like to work 0.6 (or whatever).
HT: Give me x days to think about it. I'll let you know.

PotteringAlong Mon 14-Dec-15 19:39:08

My meeting with the head to go part time went:

Me: I'd like to go down to 0.6 please
HT: I thought you'd say that so I asked the governors in theory last night and they said yes.
Me: that's great, thanks.

You're entitled to take someone in with you but I'm not sure you'll need anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now