Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else feel ill at this point in the term?!

(12 Posts)
Euphemia Mon 14-Dec-15 08:29:23

I'm always on my knees by Christmas!

Sore throat, sore ears, sore head! I never feel well-rested when I get up in the morning.

I work PT so four more days ... four more days ... fgrin

PumpkinPie2013 Mon 14-Dec-15 17:37:16

Me too - totally shattered beyond belief sad I work in a sixth form too so no Christmas activities and no let up until we finish sad

Four days to go fgrin

seven201 Mon 14-Dec-15 17:56:45

Me! I'm so tired (and snappy) and so are the kids. I work in secondary and we don't get any festive activities either except for Friday afternoon p4 and 5 where we watch the sixth form panto then a DVD. All the other local schools let them leave at lunch. We keep getting sent emails reminding us it's business as usual, no quizzes, decoration etc allowed at all. It's so bah humbug.

MeriMeriQuiteContrary Tue 15-Dec-15 19:47:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StoptheRavelry Tue 15-Dec-15 19:49:12

Not a teacher (sorry) but what on earth is the point of this week being a school week? All the children are knackered too! fsmile

I think it's daft, from all perspectives. Happy Christmas btw.

MeriMeriQuiteContrary Tue 15-Dec-15 19:55:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wannabestressfree Tue 15-Dec-15 20:06:02

Finish Friday at lunchtime and I am exhausted. Not helped by my meds being reduced so I can have surgery. My mood is low, I am snappy and the kids are doolally.
I really need this break.... I am up to date with marking so it will just be perusing new SOW

TheSnowFairy Tue 15-Dec-15 22:03:26

Knackered here too.

Roll on Friday fsmile

NotQuiteThere Tue 15-Dec-15 23:54:18

I am so tired I can hardly stand at the moment! One of my DC is unwell too, which compounds the tiredness, I am being woken at 2am by him!

We don't do Christmas activities in my school, but I might have a nice relay race with my year 8s on Friday.

I think I might sleep all weekend when I've finished wrapping presents.

I'm exhausted. Have been marking zillions of mock exams and it's business as usual with no fun activities etc. I'm too tired even to go to the Christmas night out or anything - feel like a massive killjoy but I just want it to be Friday evening now, so I can curl up in bed.

Most of the kids are lovely though, so hopefully we'll make it through without too much aggro.

MsColouring Thu 17-Dec-15 16:57:19

Second year in a row that I have fallen at the last hurdle and been off ill for the last few days of term. Forcing myself in tomorrow for the last half day so I can see my students before they leave.

Geraniumred Thu 17-Dec-15 20:46:31

Exhausted and trying hard to be patient. I'm only a TA too. Only tomorrow to go. Some of the children have got quite cheeky and I actually got snappy with one child - which I never normally do. We've done some lovely craft though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now