Talk

Advanced search

Moving from Y2 to Nursery in January. Argh!!

(4 Posts)
LilRedWG Sat 12-Dec-15 09:02:24

I'm currently training to be a TA (level 3) and my placement is in Y2.

Yesterday the head took me to one side and asked me if I'll move to t.he school nursery in the new term. She knows that it is the last place I want to go but I know that she is in a hole. I've agreed to move but am really nervous. Please tell me nice stories! 😀

LollipopViolet Sat 12-Dec-15 15:34:06

I'd check with your training provider - some on my course are being told they need to be in reception or above to continue, something to do with getting enough evidence during observation, which is apparently harder at the EYFS stage, as our course is based on the national curriculum.

I did early years last year, but found I preferred the older children - I'm also doing level 3 and am with year 1, which I'm really enjoying.

Lara2 Sat 12-Dec-15 19:46:48

You're doing my dream job - I worked in nursery many years ago and there's none round here. You'll love it - they are so interesting, bizarre, funny and rewarding to work with at that age.

LilRedWG Sat 12-Dec-15 20:23:17

Thank you both. I told my tutor and you are correct - reception or older. Have emailed Head.

Thankk you for replying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now