Talk

Advanced search

Need to rant!

(7 Posts)
cricketballs Sun 06-Dec-15 15:37:05

Yr 11 reports due *end of next week*; so have done option groups in a very personalised manner as usual, but I also have 2 groups I see for 50 mins a week doing a skills based course. Their reports have a lot of copy and paste as it is very much the same apart from final sentence as to their individual progress.

I have just had AHT email to say they have been looking through and have seen that in student A's report I have put 'B'....

I am bloody fuming - reports aren't due yet, every single teacher I know copies and pastes, every single form tutor I have ever known expects this, and just changes the name so why the hell am I being micro managed like this before they are even due angry

And breathe.......

LemonRedwood Sun 06-Dec-15 15:46:02

Because someone is feeling the need to justify their job.

We had a county adviser criticise the font we used on book labels the other week (bog standard primary handwriting font). Clearly they couldn't find anything more important to bitch about. Same goes for your AHT which we all know is a made up job title and they're just wannabe deputies

IndomitabIe Sun 06-Dec-15 15:53:42

www.Schoolreportwriter.com

Build your own commonly used comment banks, then allows you to tweak to personalise even more.

Over the years you can build upon it to suit all the different courses you teach and the different aspects of various students. It streamlines the writing of personalised, individual reports, rather than homogenising them for speed.

honeysucklejasmine Sun 06-Dec-15 15:55:01

When I put reports on the system I don't review them. I do all my editing in word before uploading to SIMS so by the time they get there (on SIMS) they are the final draft.

Perhaps they thought you do it that way too and were just flagging it up?

FWIW I have had reports rejected before for using the pupils names more than once in their report. You had to write at least a paragraph, not allowed copy and paste and could only use their name once. Now that is micromanagement.

IndomitabIe Sun 06-Dec-15 15:59:55

We currently have the practice/practise issue (though the dictionary tells me c is fine for both) and when we should capitalise the first letter of the subject name. amongst other guidance I haven't read yet

Orangeanddemons Sun 06-Dec-15 16:00:51

We just use comment banks that we put in sims.

cricketballs Sun 06-Dec-15 16:04:52

We are not allowed to use the name they go by, only thier given forename. e.g. Student who is always known as Ben by staff, friends and parents has to have their reports written with Benjamin (that drives me nuts!)

The flagging I can deal with by the form tutor, HoD etc after they were due, but before whilst I'm still in the process of writing them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now