Talk

Advanced search

Year 3 teachers (school direct interview)

(8 Posts)
Shortandsweet20 Wed 02-Dec-15 09:56:15

Hi!
I've been told my interview for a schools direct primary is on Monday, I need to prepare and deliver a story of my choice to a group of 5 year 3 pupils.

Year 3 is the one year group I don't have much experience in, so any ideas of what I could use for the story would be great? I'm not sure whether to go for something fun and engaging?

I'm so nervous, so any other tips would be great! Thanks a lot grin

wonderpants Wed 02-Dec-15 13:36:19

I did the day the crayons quit!
It is a great book to read through, then talk about why you think they crayons feel the way they do.

Shortandsweet20 Thu 03-Dec-15 09:22:29

Thanks wonderpants, I've not heard of that one before! Will have a look into it! Any other tips? What kind of questions did they ask you?

sylviassecrets Thu 03-Dec-15 13:55:03

Hi
I was successfully interviewed for SD primary in June (only lasted the first half term before quitting though-be prepared for a HORRENDOUS work-load although I am a single parent which made it much harder) so can tell you what I was asked:

Why do you want to be a teacher?
Why now? (I am 35)
What are your strengths and weaknesses?
How did you think your lesson went? (I had to teach 20 min maths to year 3)
What would you do differently next time and why?
What do you think are the most important issues in education at the moment?
Outline some of the changes in the NC and tell me if you agree with them
Give me an example of when you have had to work as a team?
How will you use TAs and other adults to support your teaching?

Will try to think of some of the others, I also had to write one a4 side on what makes a good teacher after my lesson and before the interview.

Shortandsweet20 Thu 03-Dec-15 22:33:54

Thanks Sylvia! That's really helpful! Yes I've heard the work load is a lot but I hope I will manage! It's definitely worth it! Any other suggestions for books would be fantastic!

y0rkier0se Sun 06-Dec-15 23:26:33

Hope it went well OP!

Shortandsweet20 Tue 08-Dec-15 11:02:01

I got offered a place! Thanks for all the comments and well wishes! I am so happy! grin

y0rkier0se Tue 08-Dec-15 23:56:45

Massive congrats!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now