Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help me plan a foundation interview task!

(3 Posts)
y0rkier0se Wed 11-Nov-15 18:20:40

I have just had an email tonight about a SCITT interview on Friday morning. I have to plan and deliver a small group activity of my choice for 20 minutes to foundation children. All my experience has been upper KS2 so I'm really struggling to think of a task that would suit foundation children. I thought about something superhero related - I.e invent a superhero, create a name for them, tell me about their character - are they kind, helpful, what are their superpowers? Then the children could draw them and write their characteristics around the edges. Would this be doable for foundation stage children? Can they write basic words? Any help appreciated! blush

toomuchicecream Wed 11-Nov-15 19:07:15

Yes to draw their own superhero, no to writing characteristics around the edges. How much they can write at this stage of the year is incredibly varied - from pupil to pupil and school to school. They might be able to write basic words, but that would mostly be CVC words that they can sound out.

If I was doing your interview I would choose a book to share with them and then give them a short activity relating to the book.

y0rkier0se Wed 11-Nov-15 22:55:30

Ok change of plan - going for Aliens love underpants with a 'design your own pants' task grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now