Talk

Advanced search

in trouble at my present school and applying for a new job?

(4 Posts)
computer1000 Mon 09-Nov-15 15:01:43

Last year was a very hard year for me...I tried to go for some jobs but was not successful. The head is not happy with me (I think because I look for opportunities). Also, he is now saying that he is not happy with my teaching. I have been closely monitored and have given feedback what I need to improve etc. I am trying very hard and personally I have no doubt in my teaching skills. I have found an ad which would be an amazing step forward for me, but I am worried and scared to apply due to "I am in trouble" situation at my present school...

Floggingmolly Mon 09-Nov-15 15:03:47

In trouble? Are you worried he won't give you a good reference?

spanky2 Mon 09-Nov-15 15:06:40

A friend of mine was labelled a failing teacher, applied for a job at a school and got it. She is a good teacher as I've worked with her. She is now achieving excellent in her observations. Its if your face fits a lot of the time. So yes apply. Have you considered doing supply/covering maternity leave. It's only the heads opinion. How much of the criticism is fact based?

IguanaTail Mon 16-Nov-15 23:13:55

Apply. Tell the headteacher at your current school that the tips you have been given have really boosted your confidence and you're counting on him for a great reference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now