loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fed up of shitty behaviour management advice

(3 Posts)
TheTroubleWithAngels Thu 22-Oct-15 18:15:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsUltracrepidarian Thu 22-Oct-15 18:30:35

I was in a school for a couple of days a few weeks ago (supply teacher) where detentions have been banned. Now I am all for restorative approach, and see detentions as a way to further the dialogue, but the teachers there are climbing the walls with frustration as even in extreme situation of poor behaviour, their only sanction is a call home - and even if they get hold of the parents, nothing positive comes from it. I overheard one of the teachers in the staff room saying a boy had been openly eating a doughnut in her classroom, then refused to leave when she told him to - and it has got progressively worse since the start of term.
I have been in numerous schools, but never seen so many phones out, eating & drinking, shouting and fights as in that one...
As a supply teacher I don't have to go back, so I won't.
I suspect the HT who introduced the new rules had attended a talk from a 'behaviour guru'.

miaowroar Thu 22-Oct-15 21:42:05

Well I am sure if our lessons were all interesting enough there wouldn't be any poor behaviour at all! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now