Talk

Advanced search

calling on Scottish primary teachers

(11 Posts)
strawberryblondebint Wed 21-Oct-15 18:54:06

If you happened to have to do a presentation for pgde lite interview what do you think you would pick
Choices are
Collaborative learning
Behaviour Management strategies
Communication in early language
Progression in early maths
Men in Primary

I have an interview next week which I am delighted about. They have sent me the above topics and a link to a video on each. I have no issue doing a presentation. I will struggle to relate whichever I choose to my vision of a teacher as this opportunity has just come about and I have no experience of being in a school. (This is a sponsored distance learning via work and is very new)
I am presuming I should pick what is most current topic for Scottish primary's. Anyone kind enough to share there thoughts with me.

TheTroubleWithAngels Wed 21-Oct-15 18:59:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

strawberryblondebint Wed 21-Oct-15 19:20:32

Thanks for replying. Pgde lite is for graduates working for the local authorities. It mirrors the pgde however is completed in your own time whilst working in your current role who have to release you for the teaching practice blocks. It's something I would never have been able to afford to do so to be able to keep my salaried job and study for this is just amazing. It's only just being offered as a new initiative by my council and you are entirely correct in that it is to help with the shortages in my area. You must sign a contract to stay with the local authority for a certain number of years.
I know as much about collaborative learning as I can glean from the video link. It's all new to me. However I know I have the skills in me train as a teacher. The whole thing was only launched 3 weeks ago and I have only been given one weeks notice of interview. I work full time which they are fully aware of so there is no chance of me getting any experience in over the next 6 days. I do have a meeting in my daughters school before the interview so I can pick some brains then. Maths is my thing so you are probably correct that I should go with that especially with the current emphasis on literacy and numeracy. ( I have a teacher friend whose brains I pick)
Thanks. Anyone else feel free to jump in

TheTroubleWithAngels Wed 21-Oct-15 21:45:21

Fixinggood Wed 21-Oct-15 21:53:32

Are you in Aberdeen strawberry?

strawberryblondebint Wed 21-Oct-15 21:59:02

No I'm in Angus. However it's Aberdeen uni I will be doing the distance learning with. Angels that's great advice. I will get googling. The presentation is basically on the topic but relating it to any experience one might have had or how it relates to current agenda. You have given me loads to think about. I like a good interview. Especially if I feel prepared. And as long as I know I have done my best. I can hear my wee granny saying if it's for you it will hit you lol

Ta much

LindyHemming Wed 21-Oct-15 22:22:00

strawberryblondebint Thu 22-Oct-15 07:09:22

Yey. Euphemia has arrived. Now I seem to remember we both live in the same smallish place. I will be in touch. Cheers

LindyHemming Thu 22-Oct-15 07:17:26

doceodocere Thu 22-Oct-15 13:12:39

Are you on good terms with your daughter's school? You could ask if you could observe maths in the early stage for a morning if that is your chosen focus.

Good luck, OP, I hope it works out for you. It sounds like this is something you really want. Is the initiative an attempt by the LA to remediate historic failures in recruitment and retention of teachers, by any chance?

strawberryblondebint Thu 22-Oct-15 20:45:30

Retention is the problem in my council. Lots of teachers going off to doha for the money. Hence the signing to stay with them clause. Thanks all. I really do want this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now