Talk

Advanced search

EYFS Snacks/Fruit/Milk

(4 Posts)
AmberFool Thu 15-Oct-15 22:31:40

I've worked in schools that have a cafe type system where children can independently choose to have a snack between certain times if they want and in schools where they stop their learning/play, tidy up and then sit in a circle and eat fruit etc together.

What do you do in your setting and why? And how do you work it? And do you like it?

I prefer the sitting in a circle and eating together because it's a lovely social time and a chance to talk and share with the children what they have been learning. But maybe I am in the minority?

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Thu 15-Oct-15 22:40:15

DD school you paid £2 a week to cover fruit and milk, some thing different to what they might get at home. They all.had it together. DS has a name card to show hed had a snack, provided by me. They sat at a table.of four, anytime there was a free space. Some kids didnt get fruit from home, so would be obvious in a group. DS always asked for extra to.share with his friend.

Snossidge Sat 17-Oct-15 20:20:13

I like children to sit down and eat together, but I also really dislike constantly disrupting their play in the early years - they need a good clear stretch of time to get involved in things.

What I've seen work best is snack and circle time happening first thing in the morning, after registration (this also means children who don't eat breakfast at home get something) and then an interrupted couple of hours of learning before lunch.

leccybill Mon 19-Oct-15 11:21:27

£2 a week?
We pay £6 a year for fruit and milk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now