Talk

Advanced search

1st day tommorrow, inset day, what to wear?

(7 Posts)
XCChamps Wed 02-Sep-15 21:28:05

Think I'm obsessing over this to stop me thinking about all the other stuff!

I'm to be the new bursar at an infant school. Teachers and office staff only in tomorrow, all staff in on Friday, children back Monday.

Is it normal businesses attire or casual? If casual, how casual?

I was thinking of a t-shirt dress and converse with smarter shoes in my bag, just in case - I can pretend the converse were just to drive in....

BoysRule Wed 02-Sep-15 21:29:44

I was on an Inset day today - it's pretty much always normal clothes IME. Normal business attire for when children are in.

temporarilyjerry Wed 02-Sep-15 21:31:41

Jeans in my school. You'd be fine in converse.

BackforGood Wed 02-Sep-15 21:39:17

Every school I've worked i staff tend to be in jeans on INSET days. Oddly enough though, office staff have tended to be the exception - I don't know if that's particular personal tastes, or if there is a feeling they are the 'Receptionists' / face of the school for all the people that call in on the first day of term. (I realise not all bursars will be in the front office).

However, whenever I am in doubt, I aim for a bit smarter than I think - it's far better to be a bit better dressed than everyone else, than scruffier. I'd be inclined to go for black take you anywhere trousers and a blouse and suss the lay of the land once you've started.

Jeans / casual.
Hope it goes well thanks

XCChamps Wed 02-Sep-15 22:32:23

Thank you smile

catfordbetty Wed 02-Sep-15 23:08:13

Being under-dressed is far more embarrassing than being over-dressed. Err on the side of caution.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now