Talk

Advanced search

I've been a twonk. How to fix it?

(7 Posts)
StrumpersPlunkett Wed 26-Aug-15 15:42:37

I volunteer at a primary school and love it. So much so that I have just enrolled on a teaching assistant cache level 2 course for September.
I have committed to helping in the same class as last year when term starts again, however, I just had my interview for the course and they need me to be in a different class as it is no longer going to be year1/reception class it is just Reception. This means it is efys not a national curriculum class.
I love working with that teacher.
Do I need to email the head teacher and as to be allocated as a volunteer to a different class or do I arrange it?
I would like to get the protocol correct so it doesn't mess up the qualification.
What do you think?

StrumpersPlunkett Wed 26-Aug-15 16:12:42

Bump?

IguanaTail Wed 26-Aug-15 16:38:19

Explain this to the headteacher so they can swap you.

StrumpersPlunkett Wed 26-Aug-15 21:32:54

Thanks Iguana, do you think that the head teacher will be ok. I don't want to mess them around.

SmugairleRoin Wed 26-Aug-15 21:38:55

You can't know if you don't ask. I'm sure the head would rather you have the qualification and continue volunteering in another class than not get it.

Fwiw, from these posts you seem lovely and caring, I'm sure your head sees that too - if you were working in my room I'd tell you to go ask!

StrumpersPlunkett Wed 26-Aug-15 21:42:27

Thank you smugglaire
I will send an email to the head tomorrow morning.

IguanaTail Thu 27-Aug-15 15:38:41

Don't worry about it. Heads are used to making hundreds of decisions and this is not a massive one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now