Talk

Advanced search

Would you admit this on a teachers' FB page?!

(29 Posts)
LindyHemming Tue 28-Jul-15 20:48:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CamelHump Tue 28-Jul-15 20:51:04

penny13610 Tue 28-Jul-15 20:54:20

It is a play on words about target setting, obviously has gone above some peoples heads.

CherylBerylMeryl Tue 28-Jul-15 21:06:29

LindyHemming Tue 28-Jul-15 21:13:24

CherylBerylMeryl Tue 28-Jul-15 21:25:48

toomuchicecream Tue 28-Jul-15 22:20:11

Agreed - the worst kind of self publicity. People trying to justify all the time they've spent by putting photos all over the place. As long as my classroom is clean, neat and has the information the children need to learn, I'm happy. Beyond that my creativity doesn't stretch.

Shockers Tue 28-Jul-15 22:23:28

I haven't seen it. Did she mean, we are also learning, or we are in the process of learning____?

LindyHemming Tue 28-Jul-15 23:36:37

LindyHemming Tue 28-Jul-15 23:43:35

FabulousFudge Wed 29-Jul-15 00:08:23

I would've googled it. Pretty basic stuff.

They are silly not to have a break and a rest. There is no point spending your entire summer in school or doing schoolwork. No one will thank you for or appreciate you spending half your salary in ikea/wilkos/the range on school resources either.

Happy36 Wed 29-Jul-15 17:08:53

I don't know the person who wrote the original Facebook status, of course, but I assume she was being sarcastic ?

Agree with Camel that the correct statement to use would depend on the context.

LindyHemming Wed 29-Jul-15 17:11:21

Happy36 Wed 29-Jul-15 17:53:45

Sorry, I meant like a pun, rather than sarcasm. I kind of assumed she was making a point about learning, i.e. "We are learning too" as in, as well as doing all of this Ofsted-pleasing nonsense writing learning objectives on the whiteboard, we are also actually learning something.

Apologies if this explanation doesn't make sense. I know what I mean but I am not sure I am conveying it clearly. Sorry.

Happy36 Wed 29-Jul-15 17:57:08

Euphemia Really sorry to read about your school treating you so poorly. It is not right. I hope you have a lovely holiday and am sure you will be much appreciated by students, parents and other staff again next term, despite your idiot of a head. I can understand how stressful it is for you not to know exactly what you will be doing come September.

rollonthesummer Wed 29-Jul-15 18:00:53

I saw that-she wasn't being sarcastic. I really wanted to say something but sat on my hands instead!

The amount of their own money that some of the new teachers have spent on their classrooms is staggering!

CherylBerylMeryl Wed 29-Jul-15 18:07:58

FabulousFudge Wed 29-Jul-15 18:10:44

Has it been removed now?

Miss World!!!

LindyHemming Wed 29-Jul-15 18:14:45

CherylBerylMeryl Wed 29-Jul-15 18:15:03

TheHouseOnBellSt Wed 29-Jul-15 18:16:10

I'm a published author and am paid on a regular basis to write for the BBC and many other well known corporations. I can't ever remember the difference between verbs, nouns and adjectives.

I kid you not.

I have a degree in acting (all practical) and fell into writing when I got picked up by BBC Radio 4 thanks to some comedy sketches I wrote.

The copywriting and fiction came afterwards. I don't need to know what a verb IS as long as I choose the right one.

It buggers me up for teaching creative writing though. grin

LindyHemming Wed 29-Jul-15 18:19:58

TheHouseOnBellSt Wed 29-Jul-15 18:23:08

Erm...SOME of them I would yes. But not if I thought potential clients could see...I'm not at all ashamed of it but know it could stop some people offering me work.

TheTroubleWithAngels Wed 29-Jul-15 18:26:42

rollonthesummer Wed 29-Jul-15 19:25:05

That's hardly the same thing though, House.

This teacher has announced on a group with thousands of members of the public on it that she doesn't know the difference between to and too! These are things that she is being paid to teach children. Her name and photo are there for everyone to see. It makes you wonder what else she doesn't know or will teach her class incorrectly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now