Talk

Advanced search

interview for teaching post - questions to expect?

(8 Posts)
CheeseBored Wed 15-Jul-15 13:14:40

It's through an agency, and something has obviously fallen through with the school for them to be needing someone at this stage...(which does bother me, yes)

I've been doing supply for 8 months so feel somewhat up to date, but haven't had an interview for a teaching job for years.

Can anyone advise on any current hot topics that may come up? or anything else they are likely to ask me about, beyond the standard interview questions.

Many TIA

CheeseBored Wed 15-Jul-15 13:26:46

One other thing - how do I calculate the PPA I should be getting? This position is 28 hours per week, no PPA mentioned so far.

MiniSis Wed 15-Jul-15 13:58:26

It is a minimum of 10% of your timetable.

Is it primary or secondary?

CheeseBored Wed 15-Jul-15 14:14:17

thanks.

It's Secondary.

Olivo Wed 15-Jul-15 20:18:44

Always one on safe guarding, something in monitoring progress, possibly new curriculum. What subject is it for?

CheeseBored Wed 15-Jul-15 21:48:45

Thanks .Its religious studies so will need to swot up on any developments in the curriculum too

DanFmDorking Wed 15-Jul-15 23:17:58

Q1. In your teaching experience there must have been a lesson where it all went wrong. What happened and how did you deal with it?

Q2. ... and following on, there must have be a lesson, probably many! (smile) where it all went well. Tell me about that lesson.

What would you do to involve those students that find religious studies difficult and boring?

Some students are good at religious studies and enjoy it. How would you keep the interest of a very able student that easily gets bored answering, what to them, are easy questions?

What do you think makes a good teacher?
Why do you want to teach at this school?
What would your classroom look like?
What did you learn in your last school?

Tell me some difficulties that some students had with religious studies and how did you help them?

How would you set about teaching a mixed ability class?
How do you handle classroom management issues (naughty boys!)?
What makes good teaching?
Have you seen any good teaching taking place?
Why was it effective?
How could you tell?

If you learn that a student is being abused, what would you do?
How would you inform a parent of a students’ progress?
How would you ensure that a students’ progress is maintained throughout the year?
What 'progress checks' would you use and how often?

Please let me know how it goes.
Dan.

CheeseBored Wed 15-Jul-15 23:55:42

Thankyou Dan that's wonderful !
Its not til august but i will report back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now