Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Assaulted by child- GP visit?

(12 Posts)
QueenofLouisiana Tue 14-Jul-15 20:45:34

In the course of keeping a child safe I was punched, scratched, kicked, slapped and had my fingers bent back.

I'm now aching and DH is suggesting a check up- if only to cover myself in case of injury which becomes apparent later. What would you do?

Penfold007 Tue 14-Jul-15 21:09:38

I'd get checked out by my GP. Friend was bitten by a child, the infection was horrible.

SpecialCircumstances Wed 15-Jul-15 20:09:16

I would say get it checked out particularly your fingers and record any injuries on a body map(unless you've already done that as part of the incident recording) have you had a proper debrief?

QueenofLouisiana Wed 15-Jul-15 21:38:05

Had proper debrief today. Certainly less achy, but bruises have now appeared. Gah! 5 working days....

TheHobbit Wed 15-Jul-15 21:41:05

I read it as being assaulted by a children's GP at school!! In my defence though I've had a big cider!!

QueenofLouisiana Wed 15-Jul-15 21:53:11

Maybe a large cider is what I need...grin

Happy36 Thu 16-Jul-15 00:54:01

Definitely go to the GP.

Sunnyshine Wed 22-Jul-15 23:51:50

QueenofLouisina I hope you are ok. I have been bitten twice this year by a child I was trying to keep safe. I hope that you can get support if you want it and that the school holidays are a relaxing time for you. I love my job but I have sat and sobbed at times. I really hope you are ok.

DoloresLandingham Thu 23-Jul-15 17:08:09

While you're at the GP, ask them to check your immunisation records and see if you would benefit from a booster. I was advised to have a hep B vaccine in case I'm bitten by a child.

marssparklesdownonme Thu 23-Jul-15 17:49:24

Photograph the bruises too and make sure you have recorded the incident clearly. Give copies of incident report to SLT and senco . Sadly this has happened to me too Many times this year that union had to get involved. Take care.

CharlesRyder Fri 24-Jul-15 15:41:06

Have you got Team Teach? If not, I would ask for this training so when you are required to keep a child safe you actually can- and yourself as well!

Sunnyshine Thu 13-Aug-15 20:57:33

I find team teach us not fully effective when you are on your own with a violent child trying to stop that child from damaging themselves or other children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now