Talk

Advanced search

End of term presents for class?

(9 Posts)
wineoclockthanks Sun 12-Jul-15 19:31:24

if you're a TA in Reception, do you buy a small end of term present for the children in your class? (This is my first year down here!)
Thanks

AsBrightAsAJewel Sun 12-Jul-15 21:42:09

Teacher, not TA here - but no one I know does.

bobajob Sun 12-Jul-15 21:44:52

They do at my school, but nothing flashy - lollies or little bubbles or something.

LumpySpacedPrincess Sat 18-Jul-15 10:41:58

I'm in year 1 and I always get a little something for the class. I get a whole class present for christmas and a small gift end of term, but you don't have to. What are the other TAs doing?

ShelaghTurner Sat 18-Jul-15 10:56:11

DD1 got a clutch of little things yesterday which were from her teacher and the TAs together (they have 2 TAs). Kids love it but I always feel bad that they're spending their money on the kids, no matter how little. That sounds ungrateful, it really isn't meant to be!

BoysiesBack Sat 18-Jul-15 12:06:08

I used to, but I worked in a special school with only 8 children in the class so it wasn't as expensive. I used to get them a small book or bubbles type gifts due to a lot of children being unable to have sweets.

Out of my DCs teachers over the years, some have given things, some haven't, others have bought a 'big' class gift for Christmas (a build a bear or whatever). I haven't thought any better or worse of a teacher though, apart from feeling guilty about just how much is spent by DS1's bus assistant as she really goes to town, she's really lovely and spoils him rotten though.

hollieberrie Sat 18-Jul-15 19:04:25

We're not allowed to buy anything for the children at my school, so we tend to make a gift with them in class. This year we (teacher and 2 TA's) have made photo frames with them - finger painted in bright fluorescent paint, with a funny whole class pic stuck in the middle, they look fab.

YeOldTrout Sat 18-Jul-15 19:12:48

TAs aren't paid enough for this, imho. Saying that as a parent!
Maybe if it gives you huge pleasure to give, but still hugely generous.

wineoclockthanks Sat 18-Jul-15 23:14:19

Thank you - I found some plastic dinosaurs and jungle animals and wrapped those up for the class.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now