Talk

Advanced search

present ideas for TAs

(10 Posts)
TheReluctantBride Thu 09-Jul-15 21:36:31

I only started in April so don't know my guys as well as I normally would when buying an end of year pressie. we are a behaviour class and they deal with a lot of violence and poo (literally and figuratively) so a present is definitely warranted! There are 3 one woman earlier 40s and 2 young chaps in their early 20s. Back up plan is bottle of wine each but does anyone have any good ideas?

toomuchicecream Thu 09-Jul-15 22:29:10

I've got a similar dilemma - moved schools at Easter. My morning TA is fantastic and I'm very happy to buy something lovely for her (whatever I decide it is...). But the TA I have in the afternoons Tuesday - Friday isn't much use at all and can never be relied upon to be in the right place at the right time. And as I'm only in my classroom on Tuesday afternoons, I only work with her 1 afternoon a week so I really don't feel particularly inclined to put a lot of thought or effort into her.

ppolly Fri 10-Jul-15 19:17:43

TAs are pretty much grateful for anything. Wine would be very lovely or chocolate. I had a book token one year, which was very thoughtful. Not ornaments or welly boot toppers.

LuvMyBoyz Sat 11-Jul-15 03:16:04

Wine. I am a SENCO with a team of TAs and wine is always the best bet. And I differentiate. The HLTA, who is fantastic, always gets Prosecco.

Want2bSupermum Sat 11-Jul-15 05:09:00

I got teacher and TA a $50 Target gift card each. Earlier in the year I got them $50 gift cards at Christmas and $150 gift cards during staff appreciation week. I'm in the US and no idea what others do but they sell everything at Target and both teacher and TA have been amazing. We are lucky we can afford it so like to be generous as the salaries are low when considering the area we are in.

stupidgreatgrinonmyface Mon 13-Jul-15 19:09:48

TA here. I must be really odd, because although I appreciate the thought, I am not a drinker so wine is completely wasted on me. I love small,good quality handcreams that I can keep on me to counteract the dreadful soap in the staff toilets. Chocolate goes down well as I can share it with my family, small houseplants are enjoyed and book tokens or Amazon tokens are fantastic. I also have a favourite 'character' and sometimes I have been lucky enough to receive related gifts. But actually, what means the most, is a thoughtfully written card, whether from colleagues or children. I have some going back nearly 20 years.

miwelaisjacydo Wed 22-Jul-15 08:08:28

Am a LSA the teacher I work 2 days a week got me a lovely personal card and some perfume. The head who teaches the class three days a week got me a chocolate bar but no card or real thanks.

I would be happy with a personal note in a card.

miwelaisjacydo Wed 22-Jul-15 08:10:27

want to be did that go down well with the other TAs? That would cause mutiny at our school.

Hulababy Wed 22-Jul-15 08:19:44

I currently work as a HLTA. The teachers I work most closely with bought me (1) jewellery set and (2) a wash bag with some lovely full size toiletries - both of which I've brought on holiday with me.

StuntBottom Wed 22-Jul-15 08:22:55

Voucher for a coffee shop so they can treat themselves to a posh coffee and cake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now